Monday, October 27, 2008

Back in the Saddle


It's been a long couple of weeks. That pesky cold I caught in California? Still hanging on. The coughing is slowing disappearing thankfully! Last Saturday we hauled out the bikes & gear. We did a little loop around the neighborhood then stopped at home to check in. I still wasn't feeling great, and my bike was making a strange rattling sound. So I opted to stay home, while Kathy did the big loop. I gave my bike a good cleaning and then hooked it up to the trainer. I thought I'd listen to my book on tape which does a good job of distracting me at the gym. Doesn't work so well on the trainer. So I popped in the soundtrack to the movie "Mamma Mia" and took off! I did about 40 minutes on it and felt pretty good. Kathy came back from her loop a bit windblown. Seems those 15-25mph wind gusts are might hard to ride in. So she did a stint on the trainer too!

This past weekend we were rained out Saturday, but Sunday we took to the roads. Between the neighborhood loop and the longer one, I rode 18 miles. Not where I expected to be at this point in my training, but A. further than I've ridden in well over a month and B. I felt great!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you yesterday, hoping you got a good ride in while we had some decent weather!

Daniel said...

You go with those big bad showtunes!