Friday, September 5, 2008

More cross-training

This morning Kathy & I went for a 2 mile walk in our neighborhood wearing our hiking shoes. In just over 2 weeks we'll be in California, hiking in Yosemite!! I keep saying "Yellowstone" and Kathy has to correct me. I don't know why I can't get it through my head that it's Yosemite. At any rate, we've got 4 days to hike and explore Yosemite National Park. After which we head to Napa Valley for some wine tasting and a night in Calistoga where we'll get pampered with mud baths, mineral baths and a massage. Ahhhhh. A reward for all the hiking. :-)

Looks like the rain is supposed to start here tonight around 7pm and continue until Saturday night at midnight. So tomorrow we'll head for the gym for the spinning class. Actually, Bally's calls it "reaction cycling." What, do they have squirrels run in front of your stationary bike to see how you react? Throw things at you? See if you can talk on your cell phone and "reaction cycle" at the same time? Which brings me to the question -- why do people talk on their cell phones at the gym while they are working out? Are they trying to distract themselves from the exercise, like I do with recorded books? Or are they that important that they have to take every call (or make one) no matter what they are doing?

Sunday is supposed to be clear so we'll be able to do some biking outside. Wheeeee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are able to talk on a cell phone during a workout, that doesn't say much for the intensity, does it?

I look forward to finding out just what "reaction cycling" is. (And be careful on Sunday-if we get some good winds, the debris on the road could be real reaction cycling!)