Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saddle Sore

Today brought a beautiful blue sky with no humidity so we were heading out for a ride. When I got on the bike my rear end complained bitterly despite the nice padded bike shorts. We did a loop around the neighborhood to warm up before heading out. Today I don't feel like I ever warmed up. Probably a combination of not stretching enough yesterday after spinning, and not stretching enough today before biking. As we headed to the gate at Research Road, I seriously considered telling Kathy to go ahead without me, that I would do loops in the neighborhood instead. Then I realized I'd need to do 10 more laps do get in some decent mileage.

We did a modified route today that clocked in at 13 miles. That was enough for me, but Kathy went out and did it a second time. Go Kathy!! After showering and lunch we went out to map out a couple of routes for the future. I wish I'd ridden more, but I'm proud of what I did ride. Considering I really didn't want to in the first place!

No comments: