Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Where's Julie?


So it's been a while since my last post. No time on the bike to report. Kathy left September 15th for a week of work in LA, and I flew out September 20th to meet her in San Francisco. The week Kathy was gone I made no visits to the gym, but was busier than a one-armed paper hanger at work, walking all over the building. Not a lot of cardio, but at least I was moving and not sitting on the sofa! Evenings were spent trying to do chores, pack and love on cats. Here's the report on our "cross training" while on vacation:

Sunday, September 21 -- walked all over Union Square area including a little power-trying-on-of business suits. Doesn't count as "power shopping" as we didn't buy. But we did try on 6 suits in about 8 minutes. :-) Drove up to Lombard Street at the "crookedest part." Julie burned several calories gulping in fright as we drove up and down incredibly steep streets. Drove that section of Lombard just to say we did. Then parked the car and walked down and then back up Lombard for photo ops. Picked up Kathy's boss and headed off to Oakland for Kathy's last work thing for a week -- the open house for Youth Radio. http://youthradio.org/ -- very cool organization. Works with at-risk youth and teaches them about radio, tv, web, music, nutrition, career counseling etc. I went there knowing nothing and left wishing I was Warren Buffett rich so I could give them some. Kathy and I left and headed out to Yosemite!

No comments: