Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Conspiring Cats

Today was a gym morning and the alarm was set for 5:10am. At 4:58am, our other cat Madeline hopped up on my nightstand with a "mrowwww" and then proceeded to poke my face. Some may say she was hungry and needed to eat now, but I think she just wanted to help mommy get up and to the gym. So that Madeline could curl up on the bed and go back to sleep. Rotten cat.

The trick worked though...we made it to the gym a little on the sleepy side and proceeded with torturing our bodies with cardio, crunchs and weight lifting.

When we left, we saw these people running in the parking lot pushing shopping carts filled with weights. We deduced, being awake at this point, that this was Bally Fitness's "Sarge's Boot Camp." Please tell me why someone would pay good money to be told to run through the parking lot pushing a shopping cart? They already have to go to the gym to meet "Sarge" -- so just save your money and work out on your own! Maybe it's that these folks need the motivation -- I can understand that. I used to meet a co-worker at the gym at 5:30am to workout. If we didn't see the other it was public humiliation at the office. "So what excuse do you have for not meeting me at the gym this morning?"

Me, I just have the cat throwing me out the door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I love your blog! I feel like taking up biking and hiking now! xo