Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Update

Total mileage ridden this weekend on roads with traffic and hills:

17 on Saturday
15 on Sunday

Kathy and Ron did 3 more miles Sunday through the Patuxent Refuge. I opted to attempt to breathe instead. It was humid today -- like breathing soup. I am very very glad we did our riding in the morning when it was cooler and not quite as humid.

We stocked up on nutrition bars at REI yesterday...and Kathy got a new camelback that comes in a backpack with all sorts of pockets. I also got a new helmet -- white with pink flowers on it! It occurred to me that the helmet I was currently using was the one I was in a bike accident with back in 2001. I should have replaced it then -- bad Julie.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I am impressed with all the miles you accumulated on your bikes this weekend. WOW! Equally as impressive, (not!) I drove 300 miles this weekend going to Jacob's football scrimmage and then to the beach today. I have a feeling you helped the planet and saved a lot more in fuel than I did!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Julie and Cathy! I know you'll be ready come November. You did great this past weekend!