Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Inaccuracy

I'm happy to report that the yellow yarn ball was still in bike parking this morning! Yesterday I mapquested our little loop and they said that it was 2.13 miles. So today Kathy & I reset our computers and did a loop. Sad to say, her computer is much more accurate. Like right on the mapquest money accurate. Mine said we did over 3 miles. While I prefer to think I've done more miles, it's not at all helpful when trying to follow a cue sheet. I'll try re-setting the computer again tonight to see if that helps.

Tomorrow it's back to the gym. I bring a book on tape / cd with me and listen to it while doing the cardio. Keeps my mind occupied so I don't stare at the numbers crawling slowly by.

Kathy's boss is loaning us (me) one of his bike trainers. He's become a bit of a bike geek and has 3 bikes that I know of, a couple of trainers, and helmets to match each bike. His new bike is carbon road bike and he loves it. We told him he'd be happier with a road bike (vs. a hybrid or mountain bike) and he is. We gave him the same advice Lynn K. gave me many years ago "try a number of different bikes. You'll know when you find yours." She was right....I still love riding my Waterford road bike. It's white, any helmet will match it. :-)

No comments: