Thursday, August 21, 2008

Covert Cats

Yesterday, Kathy and I successfully fended off an attempt by the cats to keep us in bed instead of trundling off to the gym. They both snuggled close and tried to convince us that sleeping in another hour would be much better for all of us. They even tried rubbing their "sleepy cat" scent on us and lulling us back to sleep with their calming purring. Although Madeline does sound like an outboard motor in need of an oil change....she kind of purrs then hiccups, then purrs some more.

We were strong and did not succumb to this blatant attempt to derail our training. No, we hauled our bodies over to the gym for 25 minutes of cardio on the cross-trainer (a new record for me!), torture on the "butt blaster" weight machine and finally some weight-machine crunchs. This time I did not do 40 pounds...just 30. I think the 40 pounds was a bit too much. It hurt to breathe. And pee. Both of which are important.

No workout today -- Kathy had fly to Boston on business. I'll see if I'm strong enough tomorrow (Friday, my day off from work) not to succumb to those cats and head to the gym on my own. I've also got to map out our bike rides for the weekend -- I don't trust mapquest. Follow them and I'd be off on a 30 mile ride instead of 20!

No comments: